Black Friday — Promotion
Ends in ::
Get complete and immediate access to a Pro Yearly subscription with all benefits for just $399 for your first year — or lock in for two years for $599
Who is this for?
This book is for anybody who is struggling to make their mark in the competitive tech industry — no matter whether you’re a developer for a big corporation, a scrappy solo entrepreneur, or someone in between — this book is what you need to make your best career move!
- Recommendations for tools, books, podcasts and other resources to help you stay at the top of your development game
- Advice for starting out in the tech industry and for choosing your career path
- What makes a good leader and how to step up to become a valued leader
- How to stay productive while keeping work-life balance
- Negative trends in the industry and better alternatives
- Daily motivation and inspiration tips to set yourself up for success
- Facing barriers such as different languages & cultures and feeling like an outsider
- Working remotely vs working in an office, and how to succeed in both environments
- If you should get involved in public speaking and advice for getting started
- How to improve your soft skills in addition to your technical skills
Living by the Code brings the experiences and insights of over 40 of today’s top developers, leaders and innovators in tech together in one single book, to help you grow your career in today’s ever-changing technical landscape. It’s like having dozens of tech’s best mentors — right at your fingertips.... more
Living by the Code brings the experiences and insights of over 40 of today’s top developers, leaders and innovators in tech together in one single book, to help you grow your career in today’s ever-changing technical landscape. It’s like having dozens of tech’s best mentors — right at your fingertips.
Before You Begin
Before you begin your journey into gaining invaluable insights from today’s industry experts and leaders, we hope the foreword and prologue will help you understand why we made this book and what we hope you will gain by reading it.
“I wish someone had told me: You belong here. You’ll never have all the answers. Feeling like an imposter is normal and there are many others out there like you who feel the same way. Find them.”
Getting to Work
“There’s always going to be people saying, ‘This is the one true way to do things,’ and then other people saying, ‘No it’s not. This is the one true way to do things.’ Being able to look at those claims dispassionately and figure out what actually works for you is the bigger thing to focus on in terms of learning.”
“I definitely think good leaders are made…The biggest things I look for in a leader are self-awareness and humility. These two characteristics open people up to admitting and learning from their own mistakes, which makes them very coachable—the effort you expend on coachable people is always multiplied.”