Machine Learning by Tutorials: 5 New Chapters Available!
We’ve added five new chapters to our new book, Machine Learning by Tutorials! See what’s inside, and how you can still grab your launch discount! By Chris Belanger.
Sign up/Sign in
With a free Kodeco account you can download source code, track your progress, bookmark, personalise your learner profile and more!Create account
Already a member of Kodeco? Sign in
Machine Learning by Tutorials: 5 New Chapters Available!
Today, we’re excited to tell you that the second early access release of our book, Machine Learning by Tutorials, is available today!
This update adds five new chapters:
- Machine Learning: iOS & You: Before getting your hands dirty, let’s look at machine learning from 10,000 ft. You’ll learn what you can do with machine learning, what concepts such as deep learning really are, and what machine learning means for mobile devices.
- Training the Image Classifier: It’s one thing to be given a model; it’s a whole other to create your own. You’ll learn how to use Create ML to create a model and how you can tune parameters for better classification.
- Getting Started with Python & Turi Create: In this chapter, you’ll set up a Python environment to use the tools of the trade when it comes to creating machine-learning models. You’ll learn how to use Jupyter notebooks and Turi Create to tune and export models for Core ML.
- Digging Deeper into Turi Create: Your models can always improve. You’ll learn how to use transfer learning to train your model. You’ll also learn how further tuning of parameters and increasing the number of iterations can affect your model.
- Sequence Classification: Machine Learning isn’t limited to just images. In this chapter, you’ll learn how you can take motion events from your device and use machine learning to identify the activity being performed.
What’s Inside Machine Learning by Tutorials?
With every new version of iOS, Apple has made it easier to add machine learning to your apps. There are now several high-level frameworks, including Natural Language, Speech and Vision, that provide advanced machine-learning functionality behind simple APIs as part of Apple’s iOS tooling.
Want to convert speech to text or text to speech? Want to recognize language or grammatical structure? Want to detect faces in photos or track moving objects in video? These built-in frameworks have got you covered.
In this book, you’ll learn how to use these tools and frameworks to make your apps smarter. Even better, you’ll learn how machine learning works behind the scenes — and why this technology is awesome.
Here are the highlights of what’s inside:
- Machine learning: iOS & you: Before getting your hands dirty, you’ll look at machine learning from 10,000 feet. You’ll learn what you can do with machine learning, what concepts such as deep learning mean, and what machine learning means for mobile devices.
- Image classification: Jump into machine learning by classifying healthy snacks from unhealthy ones, learning learn how to add models to a project and how you can use Core ML for classifying images from your device. You’ll also learn how to perform localization, object detection and segmentation on images.
- Python & Turi Create: Learn how to set up a Python environment to use the tools of the trade when it comes to creating machine-learning models. You’ll learn how to use Jupyter notebooks and Turi Create to tune and export models for Core ML. You’ll also learn how to use transfer learning to train your model, and how further tuning of parameters and increasing the number of iterations can affect your model.
- Training with Keras: You’ve seen Create ML and you’ve seen Turi Create, now get ready to meet to Keras. You’ll see how to create your model from scratch using some of the lowest-level APIs available.
- Sequence classification: Machine learning isn’t limited to just images. You’ll learn how you can take motion events from your device and use machine learning to identify the activity being performed. You’ll also learn how you can use recurrent neural networks (RNNs) to predict the outcome of some event, given a sequence of events.
- Language classification & transforms: NLP classification has been popularized as a tool that can help categorize large bodies of text, such as identifying spam in your email or identifying related content from websites. You’ll deep dive into training a model for use in a fun NLP classification project. And if you can classify text using NLP classification, you can surely convert text as well, right? You’ll learn the answer to that question by working on an example of how to translate between two languages.
Machine learning has been around for a while — but that doesn’t mean you’ve missed the boat. Thanks to the internet and smartphones, there is now more data than ever to feed machine learning, and ever-cheaper computing power to power that learning. Machine learning is now a practical tool for solving real-world problems that were too complex to deal with before.
What is new, and why we’ve written this book, is that mobile devices are now powerful enough to run machine-learning algorithms right in the palm of your hand!
Part of the iOS 12 Launch Bundle
So many of you have asked for a book bundle to go with the iOS 12 update season, that we’ve created the iOS 12 Launch Party Bundle!
This three-book bundle contains our newest iOS 12 books:
And to help sweeten the deal, this bundle is on sale for only $99.99 — that’s a savings of 33%! But don’t wait, since this bundle won’t be available forever.
Enter the iOS 12 Launch Party Giveaway
Speaking of sweet deals, be sure to check out the great prizes we’re giving away this year with the iOS 12 Launch Party, including over $9,000 in giveaways!
To be eligible for for this epic iOS 12 giveaway, all you have to do is leave a comment on the original launch post, letting us know which book or course is your favorite on this list — or which upcoming book or course you’re most excited about!
Where to Go From Here?
Machine Learning by Tutorials now has five more chapters, and is available today as an early-access release.
To get a copy, simply head over to our online store, here:
You can get Machine Learning by Tutorials on sale for just $44.99! But don’t wait, as it won’t be available long.
We hope you enjoy this book, and we hope it gives you a great start on this growing field. Stay tuned for more upcoming book launches this iOS 12 season!
All videos. All books.
One low price.
A Kodeco subscription is the best way to learn and master mobile development — plans start at just $19.99/month! Learn iOS, Swift, Android, Kotlin, Flutter and Dart development and unlock our massive catalog of 50+ books and 4,000+ videos.Learn more