Next April, we are running our fourth annual iOS conference focused on high quality hands-on tutorials: RWDevCon 2018.
Today, the team and I are happy to announce that RWDevCon 2018 tickets are now available!
And good news – the first 75 people who buy tickets will get a $100 discount off the standard ticket price.
Keep reading to find out what makes RWDevCon special, and what’s in store this year!
What Makes RWDevCon Special
The easiest way to what makes RWDevCon special is to watch this video:
RWDevCon is designed around 4 main ideas:
1) Hands-On Experience
RWDevCon is unique in that it is focused on high quality hands-on tutorials. It has 3 simultaneous tracks of tutorials, leading to some challenging and fun choices on which to attend! :]
In each tutorial, you will follow along with a hands-on demo with the instructor:
We really think this hands-on experience is the best way to learn, and this way you won’t just leave with notes and references – you’ll leave with actual new skills.
If you are the type of person who learns best by doing, this is the conference for you!
After a long days work on hands-on tutorials, you’ll be ready for a break.
That’s why at the end of the day, we switch to something completely different: inspiration talks.
These are short 18-minute non-technical talks with the goal of giving you a new idea, some battle-won advice, and leaving you excited and energized.
3) Team Coordination
Just like we do for books and tutorials on this site, RWDevCon is highly coordinated as a team. This lets us:
- Cover the material you want. We send a survey to all attendees with potential tutorial topics, and let everyone vote on what they want. We then cover the top voted topics.
- Practice and polish. Each speaker is assigned a tech editor, and practices once with their tech editor, and once with the content lead. The result is a well polished talks that give you a great experience.
- Coordinate materials. We develop our tutorial materials in a standard format, and the result is high quality content that remains useful even after the conference – we even make a 450+ page conference book!
We believe one of the best parts about going to a conference is the people, and there’s plenty of opportunities to meet new friends.
We’ll have an opening reception before the conference begins to get to meet each other, board games at lunch, an awesome party and game show on Friday night, and a spectacular closing reception. We have some surprises up our sleeves this year too – you won’t want to miss it! :]
Where To Go From Here?
If you’re interested in getting a ticket, now’s the best time:
- Before it sells out: RWDevCon only has a limited amount of spaces, and for the past two years the conference has sold out quickly, so now’s your chance to have a guaranteed ticket.
- To lock in your discount: The first 75 people who buy tickets will a $100 discount off the standard ticket price – but this won’t last long!
You can register now at the RWDevCon web site. We hope to see you there! :]