Since we set up the Unity team, we’ve made over 35 free Unity tutorials for everyone to enjoy and learn from.
We’ve also released our first book – Unity Games by Tutorials – that teaches you how to create 4 complete Unity games from scratch!
We want to offer our readers more awesome Unity tutorials, so we’re currently recruiting new Unity developers to join the tutorial team.
Specifically, we’re looking for the following:
- 3 writers: Writers focus on writing new high quality tutorials, and updating existing tutorials. If you love learning new things and teaching people about them, this is perfect for you. Time commitment: Write 1 tutorial every 3 months.
- 4 tech editors: As a tech editor you make sure that everything that gets released is of superior quality and you help the writers grow through your improvements and comments. Time commitment: Tech edit 1 tutorial every month.
Here are some skillsets that would greatly complement the team (not required but helpful):
- 3D modelling
- XR development
Joining our team is a great way to learn and improve – not to mention, getting paid for it!
If this sounds interesting, keep reading to find out what’s involved and how to apply.
Why Join Our Team?
Here are the top 5 reasons to join the Unity team:
- Learning. You’ll always be learning something new — and will have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer, writer and person. The best part… you’ll make a lot of new friends along the way.
- Money! Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities. Members of the team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, speaking at our conference, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- You’ll Make a Difference. We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first game, improve their skills and achieve their dreams. This means a lot to us, and makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff! And as a final bonus, by joining the team you’ll get a lot of free stuff! You’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site — over $1,000 in value!
Requirements and How to Apply
Here are the requirements:
- You must be an experienced Unity developer.
- You should be a great technical writer with fluent English writing skills.
- You should be comfortable learning brand new topics that you’ve never touched on before.
- You should have a strong work ethic — this will be a significant time commitment and is not easy.
To apply, send us an e-mail. Be sure to include the following information:
- Please tell us a little bit about yourself and your experience with Unity and game development in general.
- What is the best game you’ve ever worked on in Unity? [Please include link]
- Please link to any examples of technical writing you’ve done in the past.
- Please include links to: your GitHub account, your Twitter account and your Unity Answers/Unity Forums account (if you have one).
If your application looks promising, we’ll send you a tryout to gauge your writing and/or editing skills.
If you pass the tryout, you’re in!
What Are You Waiting For?
If this opportunity interests you, go on and send us an e-mail! We look forward to creating some great tutorials with you. :]