Do you love learning new things and sharing your knowledge with others?
Wouldn’t it be cool to be able to do that that full time: while actually getting paid?
Better yet, what if you could do this remotely, from the comfort of your own home.
This isn’t just a dream job – this can be a reality.
We are currently hiring a full-time video instructor to create top-of-the line Android video courses for our site!
This job is ideal if you…
- are passionate about Android development.
- love to learn new things and share your knowledge with others.
- dream of doing this full time!
- want to work with a friendly and supportive community of like-minded developers.
- consider yourself self-motivated, highly productive, and a go-getter!
Keep reading to find out more about us and the job, and to learn how to apply.
Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. We are a small bootstrapped company with just 19 full-time team members (and growing!), and we work with a wide network of over 300 part-time contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site. Our entire company is remote, and this job is too!
Here’s a picture of us from our recent company retreat:
Over the past 10 years, our community has published over 4,000 videos, 2,000 articles, and 50 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
I think if you want to work somewhere, it’s important what the values of the company are. Here are ours:
- High quality work. Our goal is to create the highest quality tutorials on the Internet.
- Learn & share. We love to learn new things, and share that knowledge with others.
- Support each other. We are a friendly and supportive community. We work as a team, and lift each other up.
- Iterate. We continually improve on everything that we do.
Razeware is a fully-remote company, and we embrace it in everything we do. We favor strong and transparent communication, working asynchronously and autonomously, and support extremely flexible work schedules.
About the Job
As an Android video instructor, you will create high quality video courses on all aspects of Android development, including:
- Beginner topics: You will help us keep the courses in our Android Learning path continuously up-to-date.
- Advanced topics: You also help us create courses on advanced topics, similar to Jetpack Compose, Android In-App Review and Resizable Apps & Multi-Window Support in Android.
In the future, you may have the opportunity to create courses on iOS, Server Side Swift, Flutter or other platforms, but to start the area we need the most help in is Android courses.
Using our detailed instructor guides, you will go through all the steps it takes to create incredible courses, from writing an outline, to making sample projects, creating scripts, making visual aids, and recording your lectures and demos. You’ll also set up your own recording studio so you can record from the comfort of your own home!
You’ll also be on hand to review Android video course outlines, book proposals & answer any tech related questions to help guide the content teams.
Skills & Requirements
- 2+ years of full-time experience creating professional Android apps.
- Prior experience sharing your knowledge with the community, through organizing or speaking at meetups, giving conference talks, writing blog posts, creating YouTube videos, sharing open source code, etc.
- Highly organized with impeccable attention to detail.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience using tools such as Trello, Confluence, Google Docs, and Discord.
- Able to thrive in a remote environment.
What’s In It For You
- Remote working: live anywhere!
- A competitive salary.
- A premium health plan starting your first day (US only).
- 401K retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only).
- Generous paid time off, including a 2-week company-wide Christmas vacation!
- Give back to the community and help thousands of developers learn & grow.
- Work with a friendly, supportive, & unique team! :]
Where To Go From Here?
If this sounds like your dream job, please email email@example.com your resume, plus the answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this role?
- Please send links to anything you’ve done to share your knowledge with the community, such as links to conference talks, blog posts, YouTube videos, open source code, etc.
We are so excited to work with one of you as the 20th member of our team! :]