We’re looking for some awesome Server-Side Swift developers to join our Tutorial team as authors and tech editors. If you’re a Server-Side Swift developer and haven’t applied in the past six months, then you may be just who we’re looking for.
What are the Descriptions and Commitments for the Author and Tech Editor Roles?
* Time commitment: about 3-4 articles every year.
* Time commitment: about 3-4 tech edits every year.
- Author: Authors focus on writing new high quality articles, and updating existing articles. We prefer to write about topics of interest to a wide audience – especially on particularly hot topics. If you love learning new things and teaching people about them, then this role may be for you.
- Tech Editor: Tech editors are the pillars that hold up our site, and they are the guardians that make sure that each article that comes out of our team is top-notch.
What are the Requirements?
- Senior Server-Side Swift Developer.
- You should be a good writer with very fluent English writing skills. Ideally, you have experience writing about technical topics in English.
- You should be comfortable learning about brand new topics that you’ve never done before; some of which may be poorly documented or not documented at all.
- You should have a strong work ethic because this will be a significant time commitment and you must be able to deliver on deadline.
Why Join our Team?
- We’re a group of over 300 elite developers from around the world, who team up to create the highest quality articles on the Internet. We’re always looking for talented developers to join our team, and we’d love for you to be a part! :]
- Learning: You’ll always be learning something new — and you’ll have fun doing it! You’ll become a better developer and writer, but the best part is that you’ll make a lot of new friends along the way who are also passionate about Server-Side Swift.
- Money: Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities: Members of the Tutorial Team get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, being a guest on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- Recognition: Each article lists the contributors at the bottom of the article with a link to your profile, giving you great exposure. This is great to add to your resume.
- Make a Difference: We get emails every day about how our articles help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of creating their own apps. This means a lot to us, and it makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff: As a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site. This is over $2000 in value!
What is the Tryout Process Like?
Author: You’ll be asked to write a short, sample article to gauge your writing, Server-Side Swift skills and adherence to our guides. Pass that stage, and you’ll then work on a full article to complete the tryout process.
Tech Editor: We’ll give you an article to edit using the information in our guides so we can gauge your editing skills. It tests your tech skills and adherence to our guides. If you pass the tech editor tryout, you’re in and can be on the team in about a week.
How to Apply
If you want to apply, email me (email@example.com). Please list your preferred role and send a link to your LinkedIn profile and your resume detailing your Server-Side Swift experience. Please include 1-2 examples of tech editing and/or tech writing you’ve done.
Where to Go From Here?
So, what are you waiting for?
It’s a great time to join the Server-Side Swift team. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by — come join us! Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) today and I’ll get you started.