Aug 3 2020 ·
Peter Friese: Building SwiftUI Apps with Firebase
Notes: . Peter Friese: Building SwiftUI Apps with Firebase
Using SwiftUIs declarative syntax, building user interfaces for any of Apple's platforms is fast and exceptionally simple.
Firebase makes developing the backend for your app a lot easier by providing BaaS features such as a NoSQL database, a flexible authentication solution, as well as a serverless environment to extend you app with custom backend code.
Both SwiftUI and Firebase make developing apps a lot easier, but how do you bring both together?
In this talk, learn how to build a simple, data-driven SwiftUI application that uses Cloud Firestore to store data.
You will learn:
- How to architect your SwiftUI app so both its local and remote state stay in sync in real time
- How to use Firebase Authentication to give users a great out-of-the-box experience without having to sign in first
- How to implement Sign in with Apple in less than 5 minutes using FirebaseUI
Links shared during the talk:
- The code for the sample app will be available on Github in this repo
- Firebase iOS SDK on Github
- Peter on Twitter: @peterfriese
- Peter's Github profile
- Peter's blog
- Peter on Medium
- Firebase on Medium
- Code Search for Google's OSS projects