Write or Edit for Us!
Ever thought about joining the Tutorial Team? Now’s your chance – we’re always happy to talk to people who want to join our team!
The Tutorial Team is known for making the highest quality technical tutorials, books and videos available online. It’s awesome how far we’ve come, but we’re always looking for experienced people to come join our team!
Whether you’ve been with us from the beginning or you’re a new visitor to the site, and you think you can contribute to our team in some way, we’d like to hear from you!
Why Join our Team?
- We’re a group of over 330 elite developers from around the world, who team up to create the highest quality tutorials on the internet. Therefore, we’re always looking for talented developers to join our team, and we’d love for you to be a part! :]
Learning: You’ll always be learning something new — and you’ll have fun doing it! As a result, you’ll become a better developer and writer, but the best part is that you’ll make a lot of new friends who are also passionate about teaching others.
- Money: Get paid to learn! We offer the highest rates in the industry.
- Special Opportunities: As a member of the Tutorial Team, you’ll get access to special opportunities such as contributing to our books and products, being a guest or possibly even a guest host on our podcast, working on team projects and much more.
- Recognition: Each tutorial lists the contributors at the bottom of the tutorial with a link to your profile. This gives you great exposure and is great to add to your resume.
- Make a Difference: We get emails every day about how our tutorials help our readers make their first app, get their dream job or accomplish a lifelong dream of making their own app. This means a lot to us, and it makes all the hard work worth it!
- Free Stuff: As a final bonus, by joining the Tutorial Team you’ll get a free copy of all of the products we sell on the site. This is worth $5000.
Our Tutorial Team Sub-teams
- iOS: Tutorials on iOS topics in Swift and SwiftUI. This team is currently full.
- Android: Tutorials on Android topics in Kotlin. This team is currently full.
- Flutter: Tutorials on Flutter topics in Dart.
- Server-Side Swift: Tutorials on Server-Side Swift using Kitura and Vapor.
What Are the Roles?
- Tech Editor: Tech editors are the pillars that hold up our site. They’re the guardians that make sure that each tutorial that comes out of our team is top-notch. If you’re a senior developer, have strong attention to detail, and enjoy getting paid to learn, this may be for you.* Time commitment: about 3–4 tech edits per year.
Author: Authors focus on writing new high quality tutorials, and updating existing tutorials. We prefer to write about topics of interest to a wide audience – especially on particularly hot topics, demonstrating brand new APIs, cool techniques, and more.If you love learning new things and teaching people about them, this may be for you.
* Time commitment: about 3-4 tutorials every year.
What Are the Requirements and Time Commitments?
To join our team, you should:
- Be an experienced developer.
- Be a good writer with very fluent English writing skills.
- Be Comfortable learning about brand new topics that you’ve never used before, some of which may be poorly documented — or not documented at all.
- Have a strong work ethic. These roles require a significant time commitment and you must be able to deliver on deadline.
- Be flexible and be able to adapt quickly.
What Is the Tryout Process Like?
For the tech editor tryout, you’ll be given a mock tutorial to edit. Applying your technical skills and information in our guides, you’ll edit a tutorial we send you so we can gauge your editing skills. If you pass the tech editor tryout, you’re in! You can be on the team in about a week.
Applying to be an author requires writing a short sample tutorial to gauge your writing skills in addition to technical skills and adherence to our guides. You must be able to write very fluently in English. If you pass that, you’ll be asked to write a longer article. If it’s accepted, you’ll be paid for it and asked to join the team.
How to Apply
If you want to apply, email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and send me your LinkedIn profile and/or resume. In addition, please indicate your preferred role and team you’re most interested in joining.
Where to Go From Here?
There’s never been a better time to join the Tutorial Team. Don’t just wish you had applied — come join us! Email me (email@example.com) today and I’ll get you started.