Customer Success Manager (Jun 2021)
Razeware is looking for an experienced Customer Success Manager to help our thousands of customers to reach their goals. We’ve got big plans, and you could help make them a reality!
Razeware is the company behind raywenderlich.com, the most popular mobile development site on the Internet. We are a small bootstrapped company with just 19 full-time team members, and we work with a wide network of over 300 part-time contractors from around the world who help create tutorials, videos, and books for our site. Our entire company is remote, and this job is too.
Over the past 10 years, our community has published over 4,000 videos, 2,000 articles, and 50 books. Our products have made a difference in the lives of thousands of developers across the world, helping them to get their first job as a mobile developer, grow their careers, or create the app of their dreams.
And even though we’ve grown a lot as a company, we know that our future success is dependent on helping our customers get the most out of their experience at raywenderlich.com. So that’s why we’re looking to hire an experienced Customer Success Manager to be the voice for our thousands of customers, and help position us as an organization that remains responsive to the ever-changing needs of the communities we serve!
What we’re looking for
We’d like to hire a full-time Customer Success Manager to help us solidify the entire customer experience across our organization, from first contact, to onboarding, to helping our customers get the most out of our learning platform. We’ve grown as a company to $3MM ARR by relying on the strength of our community, but we now need the right person to grow our customer experience, with an eye to retention, and help drive our organization to the next level.
Your job is to build on the initial strong interest in our subscriptions and other learning content, and build a strong internal customer experience platform that operates at scale. With thousands of customers around the world, and hundreds joining every month, you’ll use a tech touch approach to manage the collective needs of our customers. You’ll identify the various cohorts of our subscribers, establish the definition of success for the various cohorts, define success metrics and help advise the organization by serving as the voice of the customer.
You’ll build out recurring, customer-focused webinars to help new and existing members make the most of the platform, and also to understand the pain points of our subscriber base. You’ll also head up the development of our entire suite of self-service customer care materials, including things such as video libraries, quick-start academies, and product knowledge bases.
As a self-motivated and massively customer-focused team member, you have demonstrated ability in customer success management, ideally in the EdTech space, and you also have some experience in working and collaborating with global remote teams. You are proficient at working with cloud-based collaboration and CRM tools, and your online presentation and communication skills are second-to-none.
The ideal candidate
You enjoy working with a creative, fast-growing company with a passion for the tech industry, especially in the mobile tech space. You’ll report to the CMO, and you’ll work collaboratively and creatively with the entire Sales & Marketing, Engineering, Content Development and Customer Support teams to create a world-class customer experience for our customers around the world.
- Serve as the “voice of the customer” in the organization
- Serve as the liaison between customer support and the rest of the company
- Advise Marketing, UX and Design, Engineering, Content, Customer Support and other areas of the company of specific, action-based customer success strategies
- Lead the implementation of and help execute on all customer-success strategies
- Lead the implementation of and help execute on all metrics and measurement systems
- Develop, schedule, promote and host webinars
- Develop and curate self-service customer success materials
- Report regularly on customer-focused metrics and identify trends in those metrics against larger company goals of acquisition, retention and customer happiness
- 3-5 years of experience with customer success management, ideally with a B2C focus
- Experience with using various platforms to perform CSM at scale, with a “tech touch” approach, similar to what’s discussed in : this post at Smart Karrot.
- Ability to identify important metrics for customer success and to set up systems to capture and report on those metrics
- Direct experience developing or hosting group webinars
- Hands-on experience developing self-service customer success materials, such as onboarding videos, knowledge bases, academies or other customer-focused materials
- Knowledge of cohort identification and the ability to develop specific, action-based success strategies for each of those customer cohorts
What we offer
- Remote working. Work when and where you want, provided you can manage a three-hour overlay with the standard 9-5 EST workday.
- Competitive US salary.
- A premium health plan starting on your first day (US only).
- SIMPLE IRA retirement plan with matching starting your first day (US only).
- Generous paid time off, including a 2-week company-wide winter holiday.
- Equipment budget (US only).
- Professional development budget for work-related learning materials.
- Mentorship and guidance from our CEO, CMO and all other teams across the organization.
- Work with a friendly, motivated & unique team.
Imagine having the opportunity to join a project with writers from Australia and Italy, editors from Croatia and Spain, and a project manager from Mexico. At raywenderlich.com, this is a typical experience, as we build collaborative teams with the best talent from all over the world.
Our goal is to create a friendly and inclusive community of developers and educators. We welcome anyone, regardless of your age, sexual orientation, disability, physical ability, race or religion.
Our team connects from nearly every continent, and we’re proud of the diverse perspectives and experiences they bring from the tech industry to provide the best working and learning environments for each other and our learners.
Aligned with our company value of “supporting each other,” last year, we have made a public commitment to examine our own habits and biases as a company, and do our best to support equity in our industry. We welcome applicants who share our vision of diversity and inclusion as we strive to create the most high-quality content for developers world-wide.
To apply for this role, or if you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. Send your CV and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.